WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
The categories of information we collect include:
- Information you provide to us directly. We may collect personally identifiable information such as a username, first and last name, phone number, e-mail address, and state of residence, as well as information about your business when you register for an ApplePie Capital account (“User Account”) or if you correspond or otherwise interact with us. We may also collect additional information you provide to us about your background, your business needs, and your interest in our Services. We may combine this information with data we collect from you through other methods, such as telephone interviews or secure electronic document exchange services, including your social security number, physical address, telephone number, bank account number, and other financial information.
- Information we collect from third parties. We may obtain information about you from third parties, including credit reports, background reports, information about your business, demographic information, and the status of any loan request you make with one of our financing partners.
- Information we collect from social networks. We may receive information about you when you interact with our site through various social media, for example (but not limited to) by logging in through or liking us on Facebook or by following us on Twitter. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review and, if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the ApplePie Capital Services.
We use the information we collect to evaluate potential borrowers and otherwise provide our Services. We may also use the information we collect to communicate with you through phone calls, text messages, or email messages, to follow up with you by offering information about our Services or your account, and to send you Service-related messages (for example, account verification, transactional communications, change or updates to features of the Services, and technical and security notices).
For more information about your communication preferences, see "Your Choices Regarding Your Information" below.
We and our third-party partners may automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Site or use our Services. For example, when you visit our Site, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Services (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Services, and other actions you take in connection with the Services), and allow us to track your usage of the Services over time. We may collect log file information about your browser or mobile device each time you access the Services. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third-party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Services. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are not able to respond to "Do Not Track" signals from your browser at this time, as we believe that there is no consistent industry standard for how to respond to "Do Not Track" browser settings.
When you access our Services by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification number associated with your device ("Device ID"), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, and phone number.
We may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (ii) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (iii) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Services; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Site and our Services; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (vi) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Services.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect in certain instances, including those described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the "Your Choices About Your Information" section below.
We may share the information we collect with:
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership with ApplePie Capital. These companies will use the information we collect from you in accordance with this Privacy Notice;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, billing, payments, loan origination and payment processing, accreditation verification, background check services, service fulfillment, web hosting or providing analytic services;
- Our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, or who partner with us to provide our Services to you, including, for example, franchise brand owners and other lending partners such as debt investors, loan buyers, and other financing partners;
- Other companies whose products or services may be of interest to you (to see how you may opt-out of this sharing, see "Your Choices About Your Information," below);
- Other parties, including shareholders and potential equity investors, in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
On a regular basis, we may also share information about loan inquiries to which you are associated with owners or representatives of the franchise brand identified in your loan inquiry ("Franchisor Pipeline Reports"). Such information may include, but is not limited to, (i) the information you provide us about your inquiry (excluding personal and business financial information) such as the name of the person making the inquiry, the content and timing of requests you make to us, your business plans and expected use of funds, reasons for any delay in pursuit of the financing, and reasons for ceasing pursuit of the financing; (ii) the stage of your potential financing with us and reasons it is at such stage; and (iii) the status of your potential financing after it has been applied for, as communicated to us by lenders in our network.
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
If you wish to stop receiving promotional email communications from us, please click on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of Services-related email communications (e.g. account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Services, and technical and security notices).
If you wish to stop receiving text messages, you can respond “STOP” to cancel enrollment in text message communications.
If you wish to opt-out of having your information shared with third parties for marketing purposes, you may contact us directly at [email protected].
If you wish to opt-out of having information about the status of any inquiry with which you or any entity you represent are associated included in our Franchisor Pipeline Reports, please send this request to us directly at [email protected]. Please note that you cannot, however, opt out of our sharing information with franchise brands as necessary to provide our Services to you, including but not limited to information necessary to verify any application information you provide or information shared in discussions as permitted by your loan agreement (if you enter into one).
If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying or deleting your account information, please contact us directly at [email protected]. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances, as federal and state law may require that we maintain certain types of information for a certain period of time.
VISITING THE SITE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
The Site is intended to provide the Services inside the United States and is governed by the laws of the United States. We will treat your information as subject to United States Law and this Privacy Notice. If you visit this Site or otherwise communicate with us electronically from outside the United States, your data will be transferred to and stored within the United States, and you consent to the transfer of your data outside the country from which you are visiting the Site or communicating with us.
NOTIFICATION PROCEDURE AND CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
APC may provide notifications, whether such notifications are required by law or are for marketing or other business related purposes, to you via email notice, written or hard copy notice, or through posting of such notice on our website, as determined by APC in our sole discretion. APC reserves the right to determine the form and means of providing notifications to you. APC is not responsible for any automatic filtering you or your network provider may apply to email notifications we send to the email address you provide us. APC may, in its sole discretion, modify or update this Agreement from time to time, and so you should review this page periodically. When we change the Agreement in a material manner, we will update the 'last modified' date at the bottom of this page. Your continued use of the Site after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to any of these terms or any future Privacy Notice, do not use or access (or continue to access) the Site.
This Agreement was last modified on June 30, 2023.