Lend Academy Podcast: Denise Thomas of ApplePie Capital
Jan 13, 2017 | Peter Renton
ApplePie Capital has honed in on a target market that virtually no one is focusing on in marketplace lending: franchise financing. They have signed up a number of major brands, helping franchisees with the financing to start a new franchise business. My next guest on the Lend Academy Podcast is Denise Thomas, the CEO and founder of ApplePie. They have been in business a couple of years now and have started to get serious traction with some big name investors coming on board recently.
In this podcast you will learn:
- The genesis of the idea for ApplePie Capital.
- How her family background in franchises helped her decide on her focus.
- How ApplePie decides on which franchise brands to work with.
- Some of the brands they are working with today.
- The types of franchisees who are obtaining loans from ApplePie today.
- Their loan volume to date. The typical loan terms: rate and duration.
- The average net worth and FICO score of their borrowers.
- Who is investing on their marketplace.
- Details of the $180 million facility they recently signed.
- The ApplePie Trust they just setup as a bankruptcy remote vehicle.
- How the deal with Fifth Third Bank came together for their Series B.
- The expected losses on their loan book. How their underwriting model works.
- The possibilities for global expansion of ApplePie. Where the name ApplePie Capital came from.
Listen to the full podcast here